Wednesday, May 02, 2007

7 months out - almost good as new!

Hey there... I've gotten lazy about posting... should have updated because I have good news... I'm playing soccer and snowboarding again! I can't tell you how happy I am to be back doing the activities I did before. I'm still battling some inflammation in the groin and surgical area - so there is often discomfort, particularly the day after exercise, but there is no doubt that its much better than it was before surgery. I literally had trouble walking the day after exercise before -- and now I'm just dealing with mild pain the day after.

I started running in February on the treadmill and played lightly on it in March. I got the green light to resume full activity from Dr. Gross's office at the end of March. I was reassured that discomfort will occur for up to a year after surgery. I took this input to heart heading to Whistler for a four day snowboarding weekend -- the hip held up great. I've since been playing soccer again - full field and its just terrific to be doing what I love again.

On the downside, I'm definitely out of shape and have lost a lot of speed -- am hopeful that this will return. Am trying not to be too hard on myself as it is pretty incredible to be doing this again only 7 months after surgery.

Don't know when I'll post again, but I heartily recommend this procedure for anyone considering it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Un said...

Hi Dan,
I have had both hips resurfaced, first in September, second in November.
You don't mention your knees when you in your recovery. My knees really got weak and I am having pain when I assend stairs, have you experienced this?
Thanks, Jeff

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home