Thursday, October 12, 2006

Two weeks post-op

At two weeks after the surgery, I continue to make progress, though the improvements are less noticeable each day. I'm now able to walk without a cane or a crutch, though I still have a healthy limp so I'm keeping the cane with me when I leave the apartment. Its been nice to get out and about. I've been going to work using public transportation, which has been working out alright. I drove for the first time last night, which was a little uncomfortable since I have a standard transmission.

Today the steri-strips came off and I had my first look at the scar with nothing on it. It seems to be doing pretty well for the most part - healing pretty nicely. Its good to feel like I'm almost back to normal. All I'm doing now medically is taking ibuprofen.

I've been doing my exercises (simple leg lifts that the doctor outlined) and walking 1 1/2 miles a day. The biggest challenge continues to be remembering to follow my leg restrictions. Sleeping with a pillow between my legs gets to be kind of a drag and I still don't feel totally comfortable sleeping on my side even with the pillow because it feels like my legs are coming together, which they aren't supposed to.

The other downer at this point is the groin pain I'm feeling. Groin pain was the reason I had the surgery done in the first place and I was hoping it would be gone now. I understand the area is still probably a little inflamed and that is the likely culprit, but I can't help wondering if after all the effort, I'll still be limited by groin pain when the recovery is over.

Expected to have ups and downs - can't complain too much to be walking around without much pain 2 weeks after surgery though!







All bandages off - not TOO ugly

1 Comments:

Blogger Debs said...

Hi
I read your blog several times and it has helped to guide me through the same op.I was a pro mountain biker and it has been so hard physchologically for me -will i ever ride the mountains any more etc etc.
The one thing that worries me is my physio wants me to do leg lifts flat on the bed -I am two weeks post op-you say that you did simple leg lifts -were they lifts laid flat.Hey you must have had a great surgeon my cut is three times as big as yours !!! Regards
Deb Thompson

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home