Sunday, October 01, 2006

10/1 Returning Home

I took an extra day before returning home, and I think it was definitely the right thing to do. Saturday was tough as I found I was quesy and weak all day long -- likely due to the fact that I was adjusting to coming off the pain killers. The cross-country flight would have been pretty miserable if I'd been sick as well as sore.

Flying back to San Francisco on Sunday went pretty well - the flights were more comfortable than I expected... I really didn't mind sitting in the airplane seats, even for the 6 1/2 hours of travel time. I found it was pretty bearable with a vicodin or two. I also recommend getting the wheelchair treatment... you'll do enough crutching around as it is, its nice to be able to relax when you're rushing to make a connection.

And, the question on everyone's mind? Yes. I do set off the metal detector. I was a bit disappointed that the agent wasn't interested in an explanation. He simply patted my side in search of a weapon, when none was there he sent me on my way.

Finally getting home was a really nice feeling. Having someone there to pick you up is key. I'm feeling a bit creaky and sore due to sitting all day, but I'm pretty amazed at the progress... it seems like I feel noticeably better each day.










Out and about

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. Look forward to reading more about your experiences.

I am 50 y/o male who will be having surgery in Jan 07 by Dr.Barber out of Oakland.

If you have a chance please email me at gault@comcast.net I would love to speak to you over the phone.

C ya, KG

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home