Thursday, September 28, 2006

9/28 the morning after

I actually slept pretty well last night. Sleeping through most of the night without interruptions. Apparently I was still pretty dopey on the painkillers yesterday because I called a couple of my friends more than once to tell them I was OK. I also don't remember the visit I had from Dr. Gross. He checked on me again in the AM. He said everything went well and that I was his fastest operation of the day because I didn't have much fat on the hip to get past.

Got the catheter and oxygen tubes removed and am feeling pretty good. They still have me on IV and I have a large ice pack on my hip. Hospital breakfast consisted of pancakes, sausage and gritz. Edible, bit not exactly good.

Things got a little dicier when the physical therapist showed up. I was able to all the exercise in bed just fine, but when I stood up to walk, I immediately felt queasy and light-headed. I had to lay down for a few minutes. Its likely that the heavy doses of medication coupled with that sausage for breakfast weren't agreeing with me. After resting I was able to get out of bed and sit in a chair. We're going to try walking again this afternoon.











Recovering in the hospitalThe site.The scar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home